Break in heating unit coil causes leak


Jan. 26, 2007, midnight | By Clement Yang | 13 years ago

340s hallway sectioned off for rest of day


A heating unit coil in the ceiling above the 340s hallway broke down towards the end of fourth period today. The break caused a large leak that discharged water from the ceiling, according to Building Services worker Yakubu Agbonselobho.


The leaking water came down a white pipe in the ceiling above the 340s hallway, said Academy Coordinator Jennifer Kempf, who helped mop up the water after the accident.

"It was pouring," said Magnet computer science teacher MaryAnn Dvorsky. "I was surprised it didn't affect the sprinkler system."

Building services workers subsequently repaired the leak as much as possible and mopped up the water. The 340s hallway was afterwards cordoned off and students had to detour around the hallway because of the wet floor.

Later, three recycling bins were positioned below the ceiling in order to contain the still-dripping water. "Caution — Wet Floor" safety signs and "Hallway closed" signs were placed in the middle of the hallway to warn students. As of the end of the school day today, the hallway remains closed off.




Clement Yang. Clement Yang is a sophomore/incoming junior who loves 50 Cent, Game, Lloyd Banks, Olivia, G-Unit (yeah basically the whole G-Unit crew except for Tony Yayo), Nelly, Kanye West, Tupac, Black-Eyed Peas, T.I., Young Jeezy, Akon, Ludacris, Beyoncé, Usher, and Mariah Carey. He is a huge ... More »

Show comments


Comments

No comments.


Please ensure that all comments are mature and responsible; they will go through moderation.