These finger favorites are a Super Bowl must
While Washington's beloved Redskins are once again not in the Super Bowl, plenty of Blazers will be celebrating the annual occasion. Whether you're in it for the football game, the half-time show or the costly commercials, you're going to need some refreshment to keep you going through the night. Forget the Patriots and the Giants, these mouth-watering goodies that will make Rachel Ray jealous are the real winners.
This recipe is for all the people who say they can only cook Pop-Tarts (and still sometimes burn themselves). With only two ingredients, a timer and an oven, this is one of the least demanding and most rewarding snacks for Bowl watchers.
-13 x 9 inch baking pan
-Non-stick cooking spray
-1 (1.25 ounce) package of taco seasoning mix
-12(about 1 pound total) chicken wings
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly grease the baking pan.
3. Place the seasoning mix in a heavy-duty plastic or paper bag.
4. Add three chicken wings to the bag. Shake well to coat.
5. Repeat until all the wings are coated.
6. Place wings into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until there is no pinkness near the bones.
8. Take out of the oven and enjoy!
Everyone can get pizza and soda for their Super Bowl party. Stand out by mixing this international food with good ol' American football.
- microwave or oven
- kitchen scissors
- can opener
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of refried beans
- tomato salsa
- corn or flour tortillas
1. Place a tortilla on a plate.
2. Spread the refried beans onto the tortilla.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the beans.
4. Add desired amount of salsa onto tortilla.
5. Place a tortilla on top of the salsa.
6. Heat the tortilla for approximately one minute to melt the cheese.
7. Cut the quesadilla into the shape of a football and enjoy!
With the Super Bowl, most dips just don't cut it. But with a combination of semi-spicy cream cheese, guacamole, cheddar cheese, lettuce, black olives, salsa and green onions, the search for the perfect dip is over.
- large knife
- large bowl or pan to serve dip in
- can opener
- cutting board
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups of prepared guacamole (store bought or homemade)
- 2 cups of tomato-based salsa
- 2 cups of iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of green onions
- 2 (2 ounce) cans of sliced black olives
1. Shred the two cups of cheddar cheese and lettuce separately.
2. Chop the green onions to fill one cup.
3. Mix the cream cheese and the taco seasoning mix into a bowl or pan.
4. Top the cream cheese mixture with guacamole, salsa, lettuce, cheddar cheese, onions and olives to create a layered effect.
5. Serve immediately after with tortilla chips.
Sean Howard. There is a spy among us and his name is Sean Howard. Originally from Dallas, Texas, Sean moved to Germantown prior to his current residence in Gaithersburg. Although he has now lived in Maryland for most of his life, he has retained his loyalty to … More »