Delicious and easy snacks to make before the big game
The biggest day of the year is finally upon us: Super Bowl Sunday. The New England Patriots will take on the New York Giants in Indianapolis, and the highly anticipated rematch promises to be exciting and nail-biting. There's no better way to celebrate the game than with a huge Super Bowl party. Invite all your friends, make great snacks and cheer on your favorite team. Here at SCO, we've compiled a list of recipes that are fast and easy to make so you can focus on all the gameday action.Wings
- Pan for baking or frying pan
- 2 dozen chicken wings, about 3 1/4 pounds, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Barbecue sauce of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or put oil in your frying pan and place it on the stove to heat.
2. Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper, and drizzle a little olive oil on them to prevent sticking. Lay the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the skin gets crispy and the wings are cooked through.
3. If you choose to fry the wings instead, wait until the oil is smoking hot. Then, place the wings in the oil and fry until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
4. Meanwhile, pour the sauce in a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat and reduce until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce into a large bowl.
5. Once the wings are done either baking or frying, dump them into the bowl and toss to coat them with the sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
- Cutting board
- Seasonings of your choice (black pepper, salt, Montreal Steak seasoning, etc.)
- Ground beef
- Toppings of your choice
1. Take the ground beef, place it in a bowl and mix it with the seasonings.
2. Shape the ground beef into five-inch patties and lay them on the plate.
3. Heat up your grill and cook the burgers for as long as you want. Burgers are best at medium-rare, but some people enjoy theirs well done.
4. Once you take the burgers off the grill, put them in your bun. You can grab some American cheese and make it a cheeseburger, or have a regular hamburger with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Spoon for mixing
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- Cheese (to be melted; Velveeta is a popular choice)
- Olive Oil
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of honey
1. The best way to start this process is to grill the tomatoes whole. After they've been blackened a bit, pull them off the grill and dice them.
2. Take the tomatoes, cilantro, honey, lime juice and cheese and blend them together. Make sure to pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the blender as the mixture incorporates.
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl and you have a queso dip!
4. Enjoy with tortilla chips.
Game day food is supposed to be simple and easy! Make sure you don't waste your time going all out to make a fancy meal because you're going to spend most of the time in front of the TV anyways. Enjoy the game, root for your team and fill your stomach with these delicious recipes.
Melissa Haniff. Melissa loves music, One Tree Hill, traveling and experiencing new cultures. She is also a diehard Patriots, Red Wings, Pistons and University of Michigan fan...Go Blue! More »