All information has been compiled from the Washington Post.
Officials are closing area streets and buildings in addition to postponing deadlines for memorial ceremonies for former president Ronald Reagan. The following information is subject to change.
- The federal government will be closed Friday.
- All post offices will be closed, but express mail delivery services will still be available.
- Driver's licenses, vehicle registration and inspections that expire Friday will be given a extension of one day.
- Ticket hearings that have been scheduled for tomorrow are being moved to another day. Customers are being contacted directly.
- Driver's road tests for tomorrow are rescheduled for the same times on June 19. Customers are being notified.
- Maryland courts will remain open.
- The following services will be operation on their normal schedules:
o Ride On
o PRTC OmniRide
o MARC trains
- Dulles International Airport is also expected to operate regularly.
- Metro will be running free shuttle buses between RFK Stadium and the Capitol from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. Buses will leave approximately every 15 minutes.
- The following streets will be closed at 10:30 a.m. on Friday when Reagan's coffin is taken from the Capitol to the Washington National Cathedral:
o Constitution Avenue
o Rock Creek Parkway
o Massachusetts Avenue
- Portions of the following streets will be closed from 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. on Friday:
o Southeast/Southwest Freeway
o Anacostia Freeway
o Suitland Parkway
More information can be obtained from the Washington Post.
Seema Kacker. Seema is a senior in the magnet this year, and is thrilled to be a part of the Online senior staff. She also plays tennis. More »