A variety of coffee drinks for all holiday occasions
When your hands are as rough as leather and your nose is dripping icicles, nothing is as refreshing as sipping a piping hot cup of coffee. You'll need plenty of energy for feasting, skiing and caroling, and whether it's iced or hot, coffee has the power to get anyone pumped up for the holidays. These recipes are quick and painless – suitable for busy winter break schedules and perfect for the holidays with the family. So gather 'round and get brewing because these coffee drinks are simply too delicious to resist!
Iced Vanilla Coffee
Prep time is about 10 minutes. Cooking time is about 10 minutes. Makes about 4 servings.
- 4 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Refrigerate freshly brewed coffee for about 30 minutes, until it is cool. (Optional: chill 4 glasses.)
2. In a large bowl, use the spoon to stir the vanilla extract and white sugar in the boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
3. Refrigerate mixture for about 30 minutes, until it is cool.
4. Distribute ice and chilled coffee evenly among the 4 glasses.
5. Add cream and sugar mixture. Mix.
- Coffee mug
- 2 fl oz espresso coffee
- 2 tbsp gingerbread flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup steamed milk
- 1/8 cup whipped cream
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1. In coffee mug, mix espresso coffee and gingerbread flavored syrup.
2. Add steamed milk.
3. Use spoon and add whipped cream topping.
4. Sprinkle ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon and vanilla powder on top.
Coffee Avocado Milkshake
Prep time is about 1 minutes. Makes about 2 servings.
- blender or large (6-cup) blender to double this recipe
- 1/2 large California avocado, ripe
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee or 1/3 cup espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Use spoon and scoop avocado flesh into blender.
2. Add coffee, condensed milk, ice cubes and vanilla extract to blender.
3. Purée mixture for about 1 minute, until completely smooth.
- 4 glasses or mugs
- 1 1/2 cups coffee ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup hot strongly brewed coffee
- 4 tbsp frozen whipped cream, thawed
- 4 pinches ground nutmeg
1. Use spoon to scoop ice cream into pan over low heat.
2. Mix in eggnog and coffee.
3. Heat pan for about 3 minutes, until warm.
4. Pour mixture into 4 glasses or mugs.
5. Add 1 tbsp whipped topping to each glass or mug.
6. Sprinkle ground nutmeg in each glass or mug.
7. Serve immediately.
Valerie Hu. Valerie Hu loves pasta, beaches and laughing with friends. She draws inspiration from traveling, whether she is in Paris or in Disney World. Like the blog, she appreciates the little things in life. She aspires to one day receive as many candy canes as Glen … More »