Detection of smoke leads to evacuation


Jan. 9, 2004, midnight | By Shewit Woldu | 17 years ago

Odor due to broken ballast


Students and staff were evacuated from Blair grounds after the smell of smoke was detected in the men's Physical Education office on Jan. 9 at approximately 4:30 p.m.

The fire department was immediately notified and arrived at Blair shortly after.

The smoky odor was due to a defunct ballast in a light bulb.

Some activities were cancelled. Those that weren't remained near an exit in case of an emergency.



Tags: print

Shewit Woldu. More »

Show comments


Comments

No comments.


Please ensure that all comments are mature and responsible; they will go through moderation.