A staple of Mexican cooking popular throughout the Americas, quesadillas are quick to make but also hearty and filling. Personalizing this recipe is easy - you can add chicken, beef, onion, tomatoes or any other ingredients that strike your fancy. Quesadillas are perfect for lunch, dinner or an after-school snack.
Makes four servings
2. Cut chicken or beef into bite-sized pieces and add on top of cheese.
3. Chop onion and/or tomato if desired and sprinkle on top of meat and cheese.
4. Lightly grease the skillet with butter and put on medium-low heat.
5. Fold tortillas in half and cook each individually. Flip the quesadillas over when the bottom is browned and again when the other side is browned. Continue flipping until cheese is completely melted.
6. Cut the quesadillas in half (or not) and serve with sour cream or guacamole if desired.
Natasha Prados. More »
Please ensure that all comments are mature and responsible; they will go through moderation.