A treat, not a trick, for Halloween
Halloween food fare tends to run a narrow range between Snickers bars and Skittles, but if you feel devishly daring this Halloween you might try this wickedly delicious pudding-based dish. Both creative and tasty, this is perfect for parties and can be made either in a casserole dish or parfait style in individual serving cups.
1. Pour cold milk into a large bowl and add instant pudding mix. Beat with a wire whisk for two minutes and then let stand for five minutes
2. Gently stir in 3 cups of whipped topping and half of cookie crumbs
3. Spread evenly into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. You can also layer pudding and cookie crumbs into clear plastic cup to create individual servings. Refrigerate for at least one hour
4. Decorate with remaining whipped topping (ghosts), candy corn pumpkins, Milano-cookie gravestones, licorice skeletons or whatever else you can think of
5. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator
Mary Donahue. Mary Donahue is an 11th grade, vegetarian Honors student who is addicted to sugar. Whatever free time she can find is quickly swallowed up by Doback, "her" horse, or her crazy friends, with whom she scares mortals. She isn't happy unless she is moving, which … More »