Silver Chips Online's March Madness Challenge is underway so it's too late to enter now, but you can still sign up for the Sweet 16 Challenge until March 25. Remember, the winner of this year's challenge wins free movie tickets.
Elite Eight update
The second, third and fourth rounds brought massive change to the challenge leader board. With three of the four number one seeds out of the picture and the Maryland Terps getting bounced in the second round, more than a couple brackets are down for the count. Final Four Saturday is just around the corner and no one in the top five will get more than one of the two games correct. Four challengers picked Duke to go all the way and Connecticut followed in the list of Final Four teams with three.
Leaders after Elite Eight
1. Dan Donnelly (Kentucky) - 50 points
2. Nicole Gray (champion left blank) - 49 points
3. Lauren Johnson (Connecticut), Alan Coleman (Connecticut), Justin Vlasits (Kentucky) - 47 points
Leaders after first round, day two
1. Sam Boone, Justin Vlasits - 28 points
3. Alejandro Bonilla, Dan Donnelly - 27 points
Leaders after first round, day one
1. Sam Boone, Alejandro Bonilla - 14 points
3. Dan Schwartz, Dan Donnelly, Justin Vlasits, Nicole Gray - 13 points
The student with the most points at the end of the tournament is the winner and will be announced online the week following Spring Break.
If you don't already have your own 2004 bracket, print one out here.
KC Costanzo. Keith "KC" Costanzo is one of the brand-spanking-new editors-in-chief of <i>Silver Chips Online</i>. His responsibilities include maintaining the journalistic integrity of the paper and making sure no one spontaneously combusts due to the stress of deadlines. KC enjoys late night frisbee games and long hours … More »