Prolonged searching turns up nothing, officials say
After teachers reported smelling gas and hearing a beeping noise in room 215 this morning, building services officials thoroughly checked the room and concluded that there was no problem.
Building services manager, James Brown examined the area and turned up nothing. "I took off ceiling tiles, cut off the gas, even electricity, but there was no leak."
He explained that teachers had heard the beeping of a student's Palm Pilot, which they mistook for the gas alarm, but he could not explain the source of the smell.
Science teacher Karen Hillmer, who teaches in 215 during first period, reported that she personally did not smell anything until after her class was dismissed. Science teacher James Schafer alerted Hillmer to the odor when he came in to teach the following period.
Due to the fire alarm during third period, Schafer's class was not much affected by the suspicion of a gas leak, but Hillmer's fifth period was moved to an adjacent room.
Kedamai Fisseha. Kedamai Fisseha sorely misses the computer lab where Silver Chips was born and is daily reborn. He is currently living and writing from London, England where he is glad for the chance to continue his participation in the organization. More »