This picadillo dish can add flavor to any table
Picadillo (pronounced pee-kah-dee-yoh) is a Cuban dish enjoyed throughout Latin America. This dish is economical to make, easy to prepare and oh-so-good to eat! Picadillo involves three major components, which are prepared separately and then combined: rice, beans and meat.
Makes four servings
2. Crumble in a few bay leaves (if desired)
3. If the beans are started at the same time as the rice, the beans will be ready with the rice and meat
2. Crumble the hamburger meat into the pan
3. Add the garlic, about half of the olives and the onion (if desired).
4. Add garlic powder and salt, stirring occasionally
5. Once the rice is about half way done, add half of the rest of the olives along with the lime juice (if desired)
6. Continue stirring, adding salt and garlic powder for taste
7. Once the meat browns, put reduce the heat until the rice is done. Then add the rest of the olives
8. Before eating, make sure to drain the grease from the meat
This dish is traditionally served with the beans on top of the rice and the meat on the side. Since Picadillo is a very salty, flavorful dish, cooks may want to balance the taste with bread or rolls.
Natasha Prados. More »
Please ensure that all comments are mature and responsible; they will go through moderation.