Trash fire prompts evacuation


March 21, 2002, midnight | By Joe Howley | 19 years, 3 months ago


A fire set in a restroom on the third floor this afternoon led to a fire alarm and complete building evacuation.

The fire was set in a trash can in the boy's restroom in the 310 hallway. According to On-Site Emergency Team Coordinator Mark Curran, it was set intentionally. "This was not an accident," said Curran. "This was an act of planned vandalism."

The fire alarm sounded at 1:46, and the all-clear to return to the building was given at 2:08.

The trash can and its contents were virtually destroyed, charred and spread across the bathroom floor.



Tags: print

Joe Howley. Joe Howley is a senior at Blair in the Communication Arts Program. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Online division of Chips and shares the Graphics Editorship with the infamous Brandon Proia. He is resigned to being a hopeless computer "geek," and is already an object … More »

Show comments


Comments

No comments.


Please ensure that all comments are mature and responsible; they will go through moderation.