Heading to a friend's potluck tomorrow night? Need to whip up a casual meal for the family? No matter the occasion, this vegetarian lasagna is the perfect dish to satisfy any guest list. Great for vegetable lovers, pasta enthusiasts and cheese fanatics, this dish draws from each major food group and combines all delectable ingredients into a tasty and healthy treat!
Prep time is about 30 minutes. Makes about 10-12 servings.
- standard 8 x 11 pan
- small bowls
- frying pan
- mixing spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 1/2 lbs. spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 to 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 lbs. Ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 qt. tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
1. Wash spinach carefully and chop coarsely.
2. Chop the onion and sauté it lightly in olive oil.
3. Combine spinach and sautéed onion with Ricotta cheese and beaten eggs, and mix well. Season the mixture with a little salt and plenty of black pepper.
4. Butter 8 x 11 baking pan.
5. Spread a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan.
6. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on the top of the tomato sauce.
7. Cover noodles with half of the Ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle the top with Mozzarella cheese.
8. On top of the Mozzarella cheese, add another layer of lasagna noodles.
9. Cover this layer of noodles with the remainder of the Ricotta cheese mixture. Cover mixture with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Evenly sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
10. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil, crimping the edges tightly.
11. Bake the lasagna at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, take off the foil cover, and bake it another 10 to 15 minutes uncovered.
12. Serve hot, and enjoy!