SilverChef is a recurrent blog where writers bake and cook foods for your entertainment. Check back often to find unique recipes and feel free to try them at home.
Whether you are looking for tasty snack or a quick breakfast on the go, muffins are a great option. It's easier to buy them but homemade muffins are much more enjoyable. If you are interested in learning how to make your very own, keep reading!
Blueberry Cream Muffins
Yield: Makes 24
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sour cream
2 cups blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and gradually beat in the sugar. Continue beating while pouring in the oil. Mix in vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the eggs mixture, stirring each time.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Transfer batter to lined muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
The sour cream in this recipe makes the muffins come out fluffy and moist. You can always add in different fruits, nuts or toppings that you prefer to make other similar and delectable treats. Remember to have fun with the recipes and good luck!
Editor's note: This recipe is from allrecipes.com
Caroline Gabriel. More »